WHY WORK AT THE SAVINGS GROUP?
At The Savings Group, we do more than help borrowers save money on their car payments. We’re on a mission to empower consumers to take charge of their finances. We’ve built the most diversified digital marketplace for auto finance, connecting borrowers to a marketplace of financial institutions the same way Expedia connects travelers to airlines and hotels. Through our network of more than 200 lenders across all 50 states, we deliver unprecedented choice, transparency, and value to our consumers. So far, we’ve empowered over 750,000 borrowers to save over $3.5B on their car loans… and we’re just getting started!
Our leadership team is made up of industry veterans with decades of experience in technology and finance. The Savings Group’s brands AUTOPAY, RateGenius and Tresl have been in operation as far back as 1999 and have come together to create accelerated momentum over the last few years. Our 1,300+ team members are based predominantly in our Denver headquarters and Austin hubs.
We’re moving fast and looking for folks who are passionate about rolling up their sleeves with like-minded teammates to help to grow this dynamic business by connecting consumers around the country to our platform.
We come from all kinds of backgrounds and experiences to create something new: A better way to do car loans. We support a casual work environment, positive work culture, and develop our talent to become successful leaders. Our core values of Hard Work, Optimism, Growth, and Integrity help us create a collaborative team mindset and a better place to work. And our remote job postings are actually remote. We value our people doing great work wherever they happen to be
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for overseeing the product vision from a high level (how does this feature make sense for where we want to be in six months) to a low execution level (how does styling this button this way impact key metrics through this function). The Senior Product Manager’s role is to shape and execute the product functionality and features that meet the department goals, engage in business case development, and ensure adherence to the Agile process. This role will work closely with the director of product to continue to grow the product practice in best practices and thought leadership while providing guidance to the product owners working in conjunction with the PM on initiatives and delivering on the tactical day to day.
This role is specifically for our internal tools team where you will be working in APIs and a heavily data and integration focused environment. Being more technically focused to talk through the complex innerworkings across systems with developers and relay those to key stakeholders in easy to understand terms is key to the success of this role.
Position is based in Denver. (We are not able to move forward with candidates that live in: CA, NY, NJ, IL, WA, OR and MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES)
What You’ll Do
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of AUTOPAY’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Being a true servant leader through empathy and engagement with the team, stakeholders, and users of our products.
- Define and communicate the overall vision, objectives, and goals of the business. Articulate the product needs. Create, refine, socialize and prioritize the Product backlog.
- Overseeing the delivery of Product Backlog by presenting backlog to the team; creating, owning, and refining well-formed user stories and artifacts that describe and detail new products, features, and services based on feedback from the team, creating acceptance criteria with the team and accepting stories as they’re completed.
- Work daily with stakeholders to refine, groom, and accept stories and bugs for implementation.
- Create UAT test cases, organize and facilitate UAT testing, track test results, and work with the team to resolve issues.
- Represents the team, when needed, to external stakeholders, leaders, and other teams to ensure alignment and understanding progress of the product.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in an agile environment.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign that will allow us to accomplish objectives more quickly and at a higher level of probability.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build, prioritize and define workflows and requirements
- Reinforces team approach throughout organization both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Compliment the broader team with high quality and partnership.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen business relationships.
What We’re Looking For
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of three (3+) years of experience leading product teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute requirements for technically complex feature sets. Experience in complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs.
- Experience assimilating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc.
- Experience creating functional prototypes and working closely with product management and development teams to implement your design solutions.
- Developing business analysis artifacts such as user experience models and prototypes/process flows/ business rules to clarify requirements.
- Experience in the financial services industry and background in development is a plus.
- Language/Communication/Interpersonal: Ability to speak read and write fluent English. Must possess exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, presentation, and collaboration skills. Must be self-motivated, detailed-oriented, able to define ideas down to a specification level. Must be able to drive projects, debate the merits of approaches, and work effectively with others.
- Analytical: Demonstrated ability to define key success metrics for projects, incorporating measurable business objectives, revenue optimization, and client experience best practices.
- Reasoning Ability: Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution, consensus-building skills.
- Technical: Proficient with Jira, Product Management Tools, Analytics Systems, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office.
- Other: High level of personal motivation, professionalism, and integrity required. Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
What We Offer
- Compensation: Starting salary range is $145,000 - $175,000 based on relevant experience, merit education and experience. This will be an onsite position located in the Denver Tech Center in Denver, CO with a hybrid component.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunity to make a real impact
- Mentorship from senior leaders to invest in your career growth
- We’re established enough to benefit from big company resources, but still small enough to maintain that exciting energy of a startup
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Beautiful Denver Tech Center (DTC) Location
- Fitness Club Access
- Parking and Transportation Assistance
- Casual Office Environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s alright. Studies have shown that underrepresented groups within tech less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At The Savings Group we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, and understand that there is work associated with making that commitment to ourselves and the people who want to come build the future with us. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Savings Group - RateGenius/AUTOPAY/Tresl is an equal opportunity employer. With regard to hiring and promotions, qualified persons will not be denied employment opportunities based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age 40 and over, disability, military status, or genetic information. Any questions or concerns about our EEO policy should be directed to Human Resources.